Working with Specific Projects Limited (“Specific Projects Limited”, “we”, “us”, or “our”). We are committed to protecting your personal information and your right to privacy. If you have any questions or concerns about our policy, or our practices with regards to your personal information, please contact us at email@example.com
- WHAT INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT?
Personal information you disclose to us
In Brief: We collect personal information that you provide to us.
We collect personal information that you voluntarily provide to us when registering for our services expressing an interest in obtaining information about us or our products and services and when participating in our activities and services or otherwise contacting us.
The personal information that we collect depends on the context of your interactions with us, the choices you make and the products, services and features you use. The personal information we collect can include the following:
Publicly Available Personal Information. We collect first name, maiden name, last name, and nickname; email addresses; phone numbers; business email; business phone number; social media; and other similar data.
Social Media Login Data. We may provide you with the option to register using social media account details, like your LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter or other social media accounts. If you choose to register in this way, we will collect the Information described in the section called “HOW DO WE HANDLE YOUR SOCIAL LOGINS” below.
All personal information that you provide to us must be true, complete, and accurate, and you must notify us of any changes to such personal information.
- HOW DO WE USE YOUR INFORMATION?
In Brief: We process your information for purposes based on legitimate business interests, the fulfilment of our contract with you, compliance with our legal obligations, and/or your consent.
We use personal information collected via our services for a variety of business purposes described below. We process your personal information for these purposes in reliance on our legitimate business interests, to enter into or perform a contract with you, with your consent, and/or for compliance with our legal obligations. We indicate the specific processing grounds we rely on next to each purpose listed below.
We use the information we collect or receive:
- To send you marketing and promotional communications.We and/or our third-party marketing partners may use the personal information you send to us for our marketing purposes if this is in accordance with your marketing preferences. You can opt-out of our marketing emails at any time (see the “WHAT ARE YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS” below).
- Deliver targeted advertising to you. We may use your information to develop and display content and advertising (and work with third parties who do so) tailored to your interests and/or location and to measure its effectiveness.
- WILL YOUR INFORMATION BE SHARED WITH ANYONE?
In Brief: We only share information with your consent, to comply with laws, to provide you with services, to protect your rights, or to fulfil business obligations.
We may process or share data based on the following legal basis:
- Consent: We may process your data if you have given us specific consent to use your personal information in a specific purpose.
- Legitimate Interests: We may process your data when it is reasonably necessary to achieve our legitimate business interests.
- Performance of a Contract: Where we have entered into a contract with you, we may process your personal information to fulfil the terms of our contract.
- Legal Obligations: We may disclose your information where we are legally required to do so in order to comply with applicable law, governmental requests, a judicial proceeding, court order, or legal process, such as in response to a court order or a subpoena (including in response to public authorities to meet national security or law enforcement requirements).
- Vital Interests: We may disclose your information where we believe it is necessary to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding potential violations of our policies, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the safety of any person and illegal activities, or as evidence in litigation in which we are involved.
More specifically, we may need to process your data or share your personal information in the following situations:
- Business Transfers.We may share or transfer your information in connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, financing, or acquisition of all or a portion of our business to another company.
- Third-Party Advertisers.We may use third-party advertising companies to serve ads when you visit the Services. These companies may use information about your visits to our Website(s) and other websites that are contained in web cookies and other tracking technologies to provide advertisements about goods and services of interest to you.
- Business Partners.We may share your information with our business partners to offer you certain products, services, or promotions.
- HOW DO WE HANDLE YOUR SOCIAL LOGINS?
In Brief: If you choose to register or log in to our services using a social media account, we may have access to certain information about you.
Our Services offer you the ability to register and login using your third-party social media account details (like your LinkedIn, Facebook or Twitter logins). Where you choose to do this, we will receive certain profile information about you from your social media provider. The profile Information we receive may vary depending on the social media provider concerned, but will often include your name, e-mail address, friends list, profile picture as well as other information you choose to make public.
- HOW LONG DO WE KEEP YOUR INFORMATION?
When we have no ongoing legitimate business need to process your personal information, we will either delete or anonymize it, or, if this is not possible (for example, because your personal information has been stored in backup archives), then we will securely store your personal information and isolate it from any further processing until deletion is possible.
7. HOW DO WE KEEP YOUR INFORMATION SAFE?
In Brief: We aim to protect your personal information through a system of organizational and technical security procedures.
We have implemented appropriate technical and organizational security measures designed to protect the security of any personal information we process. However, please also remember that we cannot guarantee that the internet itself is 100% secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal information, transmission of personal information to and from our services is at your own risk. You should only access the services within a secure environment.
- DO WE COLLECT INFORMATION FROM MINORS?
In Brief: We do not knowingly collect data from or market to children under 18 years of age.
We do not knowingly solicit data from or market to children under 18 years of age. By using the services, you represent that you are at least 18 or that you are the parent or guardian of such a minor and consent to such minor dependent’s use of the services. If we learn that personal information from users less than 18 years of age has been collected, we will deactivate the account and take reasonable measures to promptly delete such data from our records. If you become aware of any data we have collected from children under age 18, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- WHAT ARE YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS?
In Brief: You may review, change, or terminate your account at any time.
If you are resident in the European Economic Area and you believe we are unlawfully processing your personal information, you also have the right to complain to your local data protection supervisory authority. You can find their contact details here: http://ec.europa.eu/justice/data-protection/bodies/authorities/index_en.htm
If you have questions or comments about your privacy rights, you may email us at email@example.com
If you would at any time like to review or change the information in your account or terminate your account, depending on what option is available you can either:
■ Log into your account settings and update your user account.
■ Contact us using the contact information provided.
Cookies and similar technologies: Most Web browsers are set to accept cookies by default. If you prefer, you can usually choose to set your browser to remove cookies and to reject cookies. If you choose to remove cookies or reject cookies, this could affect certain features or services of our Services. To opt-out of interest-based advertising by advertisers on our Services visit http://www.aboutads.info/choices/.
Opting out of email marketing: You can unsubscribe from our marketing email list at any time by clicking on the unsubscribe link in the emails that we send or by contacting us using the details provided below. You will then be removed from the marketing email list – however, we will still need to send you service-related emails that are necessary for the administration and use of your account. To otherwise opt-out, you may:
■ Note your preferences when you register an account with the site.
■ Access your account settings and update preferences.
■ Contact us using the contact information provided.
- DATA BREACH
A privacy breach occurs when there is unauthorized access to or collection, use, disclosure, or disposal of personal information. You will be notified about data breaches when Specific Projects Limited believes you are likely to be at risk or serious harm. For example, a data breach may be likely to result in serious financial harm or harm to your mental or physical well-being. In the event that Specific Projects Limited becomes aware of a security breach which has resulted or may result in unauthorized access, use or disclosure of personal information Specific Projects Limited will promptly investigate the matter and notify the applicable Supervisory Authority not later than 72 hours after having become aware of it, unless the personal data breach is unlikely to result in a risk to the rights and freedoms of natural persons.
- CONTROLS FOR DO-NOT-TRACK FEATURES
- DO UK RESIDENTS HAVE SPECIFIC PRIVACY RIGHTS?
In Brief: Yes, if you are a resident of the UK, you are granted specific rights regarding access to your personal information.
The Guide to the GDPR is part of the Guide to Data Protection. It is for DPOs and others who have day-to-day responsibility for data protection.
It explains the general data protection regime that applies to most UK businesses and organisations. It covers the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) as it applies in the UK, tailored by the Data Protection Act 2018.
It explains each of the data protection principles, rights, and obligations. It summarises the key points you need to know, answers frequently asked questions, and contains practical checklists to help you comply.
Where relevant, this guide also links to more detailed guidance and other resources, including ICO guidance, statutory ICO codes of practice, and European guidance published by the European Data Protection Board (EDPB).
You may also find other sections of the Guide to Data Protection useful:
- Introduction to data protection – for more on how the DPA 2018 works
- Guide to law enforcement processing – for more on the separate regime for law enforcement
- Guide to intelligence services processing – for more on the separate regime for the intelligence services
- Key data protection themes – for specific guidance on key themes and topics, including children’s data
- DO WE MAKE UPDATES TO THIS POLICY?
In Brief: Yes, we will update this policy as necessary to stay compliant with relevant laws.
- HOW CAN YOU CONTACT US ABOUT THIS POLICY?
If you have questions or comments about this policy, you may email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or by post to:
10 Kings Court
HOW CAN YOU REVIEW, UPDATE, OR DELETE THE DATA WE COLLECT FROM YOU?
Based on the laws of some countries, you may have the right to request access to the personal information we collect from you, change that information, or delete it in some circumstances. To request to review, update, or delete your personal information, please email us at email@example.com We will respond to your request within 30 days.